National Transportation Safety Board (United States of America)
To promote transportation safety by
- Maintaining our congressionally mandated independence and objectivity;
- Conducting objective, precise accident investigations and safety studies;
- Performing fair and objective airman and mariner certification appeals;
- Advocating and promoting safety recommendation;
- Assisting victims of transportation accidents and their families.
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is an independent federal agency charged with determining the probable cause of transportation accidents, promoting transportation safety, and assisting victims of transportation accidents and their families.