Transportation Safety Board – Securitas
How to report to Securitas
To submit a report:
- Write, fax, e-mail or telephone Securitas at
PO Box 1996
J8X 3Z2Tel.: 1-800-567-6865
Fax: (819) 994-8065
Include the following information in your message:
- Your name, address and phone number;
- Your profession and experience;
- Your involvement in the unsafe situation being reported;
- Where else you have reported this unsafe situation or safety concern;
- Complete identification of the aircraft, ship or rolling stock; and
- Owner/operator of the equipment.
- Describe (as appropriate) the unsafe act or safety concern in terms of
- how the unsafe act/condition was discovered; and
- if you are describing an event, what happened, where, when (give the date of the event and local time) and why you think it occurred.
- Give your suggestions to correct the situation.
What not to report
Securitas is primarily concerned with unsafe acts and conditions relating to commercial and public transportation systems.
Do not report the following:
- Illegal activities;
- Customer service complaints; and
- Undesirable work conditions that do not affect safety.
Reporters to Securitas are also reminded that it is an offence to knowingly give false or misleading evidence to the TSB through this program. The focus must be on advancing transportation safety through the identification of real safety deficiencies.